Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Trip to the Dermatologist!

While I was in Illinois I had a thought, "Maybe it's time to go to a dermatologist." Then I had a conversation with my Dad's wife Kathy, "Maybe you should see a dermatologist." When I got home from Illinois, Suzanne called me and said, "I'm going to the dermatologist in Soldotna next week, wanna ride along?" I got the message and so yesterday I went in for my very first Mole Check.

Irene and I were kibitzing about how, if you must take a shirt off for a doctor, it is nice if the doctor is super hot just so that you can get the added bonus of a type of old lady thrill. We agreed that we both heard that this doc was not too hot and so she told me that I needed to pretend to have hepatitis so that I could go see this guy in Anchorage that is super hot and is also said to be gay and that would just make the whole thing even better... Ah, it was quite a laugh.

I thought of posting a picture of my moles, but my bandaide will have to do...

After a delightful drive with Suzanne to Soldotna we went into Dr. C's very tranquil peaceful office. We chit chatted in the office until Suzanne got called in and then she invited me in to her appointment with her. Yea, it was a hoot. I am so used to being in the office with my kids, being in the office with a girlfriend is so much more fun! She got biopsied for these things called 'fur-uncles' and then it was my turn for the mole check.

Now, I must mention here that Dr. C was not a bad looking guy at all and in fact kind of reminded me of a more serious Matt Wise (husband of Irene). After the appointment I had to call Irene and tell her that she could refer patients in the confidence of knowing that they would get to see a pretty good looking man. I thought that was hilarious, but Irene wanted to know more about my moles. Darn practitioners! I had to fess up that I will be having yearly mole checks from now on.

Yes, I have some suspicious looking moles. He took a picture of them. Then he looked at my face spot and told me it was nothing and then whacked it out. Then he looked at my feet and told me that I did not have fungus on my totally cracked feet. Now here is where it is so nice to have a girlfriend in the clinic with you.

Me: "So, what did he look like when I told him that I have a serious sock aversion."
S: "No change in affect."
Me: "What did he look like when I told him about the Balinese manicurists with the cheese grater."
S: "No change in affect."
Me: "What did he look like when I mentioned to you that we could go by the Agrium plant and get a haul of Uriah for these feet."
S: "Small smile."

A girlfriend will monitor the nuances.

We left the office giggling and happy with new band aids (mine right on my face. See Picture) and confidence that going up to Soldotna was the right decision. (By the Way: Priscilla decided not to ride to Soldotna with us to pick up her car because she had the chance to ride with J.H. We were dissed for a man! I'm kidding you Priscilla!)

Then we went to the gun shop for John



Then we went to Trustworthy Hardware for Vince.













Then we went to Gottschaks where I got a scolding from this lady.
It has been quite some years since I've had a scolding from a sales clerk, however, she was attempting to give me some perfect match foundation and informed me that she would not be able to apply this make-up on such dry uncared for skin! I was a travesty! Unless I begin nurturing my skin she would not be able to assist me in my beauty needs! Ouch!

Then sadly, even though we were not very starving Suzanne and I totally broke with Weight Watchers and ate this.

Afterwords, we could hardly move. All the blood rushed from our heads and into our stomachs and we moped around Fred Meyer's in a daze. We drove home hung over from food but giggling and happy that we went to the dermatologist together. Since I will now be an annual patient, we will make it an annual affair.

No comments: