Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Regular Tuesday with Irene


I am starting to get a bit disheartened by our frantic schedules in life. Irene could not meet me for Regular Tuesday at the regular time because he owns a Mini-Van and had to drive a field trip for Riley's class. Education getting in the way of drinking coffee and gossiping! Ah the sacrifices we make. Will Regular Tuesday ever be Regular again?

So, we met at Mema's Shack and drank coffee with soy milk and she had tea and we sat on the beautiful Burgundy couch and caught up a bit. Sadly, I am so burnt right now I can not remember all we discussed! Here are a couple.

-Riley's birthday is this coming weekend and she has a call in to the bowling alley to rent a party spot.
-Husbands and things about them that you can't blog about.
-Did her mother kiss J.H?
-The delightful conversation I had last night with my Carolinian sisters in Saipan. And how they told me that Betelnut comes in a new flavor (they will not tell me what it is) and how I have to go there to be re-initiated into the culture through betelnut chewing.
-Yes, living in Saipan would suck, but it would also be great.
-How I am realizing that I am having performance angst along with Falcom and that I am not doing a very good job managing him in this.
-My trip tomorrow to the dermatologist.
-Her work
-Other things I can not blog about.

After talking for an hour Marina was ready for her promised Bike Ride Through Town.
We cruised down the road to Pioneer and then down the trail to Safeway. Even though the snow is gone it is still very cold and we were both a bit wind chilled. At Safeway we had soup. Then it was off to her school. You know she is really a trooper because it is such a long ride from Safeway to her school, but she made it and was very traffic savvy.

I dropped her off and went to Priscilla's for some water and some chat. She is a very fun friend. I can not blog about what we talked about without permission. But I am happy that she is happy.



It really is a dirty time of year in Alaska. This picture is a common site. Sports teams from school earning money by sweeping up the massive amounts of sand and dirt that had been spread over the ice all winter long. They have to wear face masks it is so dusty.

We picked up Falcom from the carpool and the two kids wanted to ride bikes from the high school to Mema's Shack. It's a nice enough trip, but after I drove away to meet them at the next block, I found them arguing on the trail where I had left them. Both of them were mad and freaking out and so I told them to go ahead and walk together home and to not get home without getting along! Well, I watched them mope off together.

I drove around to the next block street crossing and their attitude was great. After one more block they had taken it upon themselves to start picking up garbage! The two of them were totally working together to pick up the garbage on the trail! I was so proud to have such a wonderful pair of kids. They picked up a huge bag of garbage.



Yes, Falcom met Judah tonight (What a super nice man!) and they did the song together for the Jubilee and his first crack at it he killed it and made it his own. Let's see how things go on Friday.

No comments: