Monday, April 28, 2008

MY PARTY

Jolene and Me

This morning I called Irene first. I asked her if it was just me, as Falcom's mother, biased toward his awesomeness. She said, "Alana, you know I've been hearing him sing his whole life. I've also seen his videos. But, until I saw that live performance last night, I did not understand completely what we are talking about. He took that stage like he owned it. He sang that song like he wrote it. He was f*** ing unbelievable."
Germaine and Mindy

So it was all true and not a dream. The day was spent with the phone ringing off the hook with encouraging words and love. Each trip to town was filled with people stopping us to tell us how he was a show stealer. He was on cloud nine for the entire day.

But I couldn't spend my whole day focusing on him. I also had to focus on me because it was My Birthday Party Night!



I don't know what to write about my party. So much of it falls under the category of GIPPA (Girlfriend Information Personal Privacy Act). Irene was a stunning hostess, with totally clean house and organic, sulfate free wines, and sparkling drinks. Mindy H. was fantastic as a co-host and made wonderful signs that we hung up every where. The Girlfriends! What talented and hilarious people! The fashions were outstanding. The performances were hilarious. I'm not kidding that everyone there laughed so hard they were crying. I asked everyone if their faces hurt afterwords and they all agreed that yes, they did in fact hurt a lot.



LIST OF PERFORMANCES:

  • Wrinkles

A discussion of the "Syrum"

  • Suzzzane Dillon
    A song written for me about weight loss
  • Modern Big Bush Lines with Steve Himal (a take on our local radio bush lines)

The Sponser was awsome.

  • Threesome

Bluegrass band sang, "Spent my last 10 dollars on condoms and beer"

  • Mema Fortune

Told us our fortunes

  • "I'm too Sexy"-Homer style
    "I'm too sexy for my tent..."
  • Jacquelynn Kerouac

An essay about life prepairedness



    Margarita in her most fabulous Pick n'Pay outfit




  • Things to do in Church

clothing removal



  • Pussycat - a song and dance

  • Favorite things - "grey hair and wrinkles..."


  • A Sea Shante
  • G's Song for Mindy
  • A Letter to God
  • Flight of the Concord -a love song
  • Comedy Stylings with Irene


A History of Bitches with Irene




Here is where I got totally roasted. She dissed on me so hard. It was funny, not too embarassing, but everyone who was there knows what it means on the blog when it says, "Things you can't blog about." She dissed herself pretty hard to. Very funny!



We laughed so hard. We danced to the Talking Heads. Those women drank a lot of wine.



After a while many of them went dancing at Wasabi's. Many went home because they have small children. High Five goes out to Irene! Thank you for a great party!

No comments: