Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Regular Tuesday with Irene



Regular Tuesday with Irene is going to have to change for a while. Read this email I got last night:


Tuesday does not look good
From: m. w.
Add contact
Sent:Tue 4/15/08 12:03 AM
Reply-to:


To: Alana Greear





Okay, I’m off to a bad start. Tuesday’s agenda:

Get new fillings at 11:00am

Staff meeting 12:00 to 1:00pm

Chris’ spring concert 1:00 to 2:00 pm.



Maybe we can have coffee Thursday?



TO DO LIST:

Buy plane tickets

Get travel visa

Organize Maya’s room

Organize guest room

SET UP WISE FAMILY BLOGSPOT!



Irene

It is funny, I always complain about how the routine in raising young children is mind numbing to me and how routine just takes all the magic out of life. I've said more than once, that having too much routine disables God's ability to slip miracles into the day. Now look at me, my Regular Tuesday gets messed up and I become a little sullen. Well, we will have to see what the day brings!

Later

Is this salad starting to look familiar?

Right after I wrote that the phone started ringing. First C.P. called asking me to meet up to hang out with her daughter and her new grand baby. I hung up with her and my wonderful husband called and asked me to go out to lunch with him-without any of our children! So, I went to town hooked up with C.P. and family, (who are very cute and healthy!) and then dropped Marina off at school and then picked up Vince and off to Fat Olives I went.

Wouldn't you know that in the middle of all that Irene calls me to tell me that all of her day plans got changed and so she would be home and I could drop by.

Lunch with Vince did not go as I had hoped. He has too much on his mind and was doing that man thing where they can't talk and they can't hardly look at you because they are thinking too much. I took him back to work and proceeded directly to Irene's.

I couldn't stay long, and we couldn't really get down to business because Chris was sick and listening to our every word. We did get Maya's room clean a bit.

From there I was off to the Council of the Arts where I signed both kids up for Bluegrass camp and to find out the news we'd all been waiting for.... Did Falcom make the show?

Yes and no. He and Mystique made it in for the Proud Mary. He did not make it for his interpretation of Hallelujah. I was bummed. I really wanted him to do something different. But, this is the life as a preforming artist. I am sure that James Taylor would love to do something different...but... Look what happened to Garth Brooks when he tried to go top 40 from country western. Falcom cried the whole way home when I told him but we focused on the positive and both he and Mystique are very excited to be doing their show at the Jubilee.

No comments: