Monday, April 21, 2008

Missing the WW

My early birthday present from Marina (and Falcom). See what a hot babe I am!




Because our queen was dead I drove to Soldotna on the fly to pick up that crazy girl. You know, they are kind of divas and they are very peculiar and they should not be kept cold or away from other bees. What a primadona.





So here she is. And here is where I put her. And in three days I have to drill out a bit of the candy cork and hope that she is still alive and that she can start making lots and lots of babies. The bees are active and happy and so... whatever



I stuck her right into the middle of this hunk of bees. I hope she makes it!






I am so sad that I missed Weight Watchers! I couldn't stop thinking about all my buddies and how I just love how pumped up I get from everyone there. I got home to an email from Suzanne where she told me she lost 1.4 pounds! That is so kick ass! I can't remember the last time she did that well! And I wasn't even there to cheer her on or take a picture! ARG! That Darn Diva Queen!

I did get to listen to the Talking Heads on the Ipod. And I did see swans. And lots of eagles.

Congratulations Suzanne! You rule!
  • Here is where I must make a special notation thanking one of my very good friends. Priscilla, once again you have saved my bacon. And no, it is not because you were willing to help me with my children so that I could drive to Soldotna in peace. Although I really thank you for that. This thank you is for leaving your house in your pajamas so that you could drive to my moms and pick up our dog Scratch, who we forgot there in the excitement of Queen Bee-ing. (You dear readers can imagine my irritation when I was finally home and I realized Scratch was not in the car with us. How he managed to not be in the car is one of the great mysteries. How I got 12 miles away from him without noticing is not such a surprise when you think of the two kids fighting in the back seat.)
  • And then Priscilla drove to Pudgies, probably well past her bedtime, to bring him to meet me. She looked great in her pajamas and sunglasses by the way.
Thank you Priscilla.
Eagles soaring on the way to Soldotna

1 comment:

Lynne said...

well, we MISSED you!!!!
The meeting was waaaaaaaay too mellow with you not there. :0)
No cameras flashing...very low on the laughter scale.
See, you really WERE missed!