Thursday, April 10, 2008

Jubilee Tryouts



I am in full recovery mode after spending the afternoon with a very anxious Falcom before the Jubilee Tryouts. This is a picture of Falcom waiting nervously for Judah to come and accompany him for his tryout.



The day started with a Regular Tuesday moved to Thursday coffee with Irene. We discussed the following topics:

-How I need to post a corrections that she personally would be mortified to get naked in front of a doctor that she thought was hot. Thank God Dr. Chang only saw her from the ankle down!
-How I am just as anxious about the Jubilee tryouts as Falcom but for different reasons. I do not have his fashions prepared. Irene bailed me out.
-Snow in April! Yuck!
-Irene raised $300 for Homer Hockey through the use of guilt trip letters to friends about Riley's Hockey Obsessive Compulsive disorder.
-My birthday party. How we can have it at her house and she promises not to be a bitch the day running up to her party, but, she has her fingers crossed.
-Ideas for her new comedy routine.
-How S.C. has written a book and she asked me if it was OK to have used the name Falcom in describing a kid in a pink dress and red shoes going though customs at an airport. I said, "Sounds to me like it is more of a public domain issue than a privacy permission issue." S.C. and I laughed.
-A dinner party for Vince next week?
-Riley's birthday party
-Irene's calcification on her ligaments.

Then I blasted off for Falcom and Mystique and the Jubilee tryouts. Here is where I must say, THANK GOD FOR PRISCILLA who let us in and fed us before the show. THANK YOU PRISCILLA.

The tryout was kind of disorganized and chaotic for me. Falcom tried out for three different things at three different times.

First there was the chaos of the school kid group. They were great in the tryouts, but they were like a pack of ferret pups up till then, running around like crazy.

Then there was the costume change and the fashions for the Proud Mary shtick. And then the waiting, and waiting and waiting. When the two finally got up there to do it they made some nervous mistakes. Falcom kept moving around too much and moving the mic away from his mouth. But when he hit it, I'll tell you, he really hit it. When they were done the judges asked if there were more kids for back up dancers. I think the odds are good.

Then it was time to do the Hallelujah with Judah. It was at the end of the day and most kids were done trying out. Falcom became super nervous thinking that Judah forgot. (When you have no sense of time that can be really hard). Fal finally talked me into calling Judah (who was on his way). Poor little kid. .I took this picture right before they auditioned. Falcom really digs Judah. Judah opened his guitar case and had forgotten that he had broken a guitar string. He did not have another. But Cherish's really cool daughter was there and butted right in and said, "my mom's got hers don't stress". Falcom went into the band room and said, "where should I sit?" and Cherish said, "You will be standing." and then they began.

Falcom totally owned that song. When we walked out of the audition Cherish told Judah to do something on a different fret and the two did the first verse again and it was out of this world! Thank you Cherish! We walked out to the parking lot and Judah said, "What is next?" and I told him that we wait to hear if we made it and he said, "you've gotta be kidding me! there is no way they will not take him."

We then went to the pool to swim with Dad and Marina.

Overall, I am unsure of my ability to be a stage mom for Falcom and I feel a little unprepared. But. Monday we will know!

1 comment:

The Wes Gordon Family said...

Man, you have the gift of gab, I love reading about your days, Mine are all so.... Work oriented ;)

I love your list of subjects discussed, and I can almost see myself & the kids all having one of our create a CD days, BTW, how is Gloria?
Lots of Love!
Dee