Sunday, April 13, 2008

Pictures of the Weekend


This has been a slow and calm weekend. Friday was mellow, and I spent a lot of time on the phone. S.G.(-So cool). Mom (My nephews birthday was good), Danny (It costs $5 to cross the Bay Bridge now), Cherish (who told me I did fine with Falcom and that he is like a small flame that is constantly moving around, but when he sits still, he burns HOT! She really cheered me up.), Dawn called (it was $45 a night to camp in the Florida Keys!), Aunt Phyllis, Mom, K.S.,

Saturday we went to Riley's birthday! A home run for Irene! A bowling party. Very easy, very simple and she cleaned everything right up and had an easy time of it. Very fun. And not very expensive, only $60 for all that bowling and cake eating.

Afterwards the Wise's came to our house so that the men and boys could go snow machine riding for Riley's birthday. It was nice to hang out with Irene in the sunny window of my house. At one point she said, "Alana, you know how you are always asking me how much stuff costs?" I said, "Oh Irene, I am so sorry that I have been such a rude bore, I'm just always thinking of things." And she said, "Oh no Alana, I'm trying to rub off a little of that onto me because I never ask I just spend" I thought, "Whew! Gotta love a best friend!" I mention this now because as I proof this I realize I am still mentioning how much stuff costs. Frugal, fearful or freakish....hum....

We made a nice dinner of MEAT and GREENS. The littlest kids played around outside in the cold sunny bliss of late winter. In fact Chris would rather play in the mud than go snow machine riding. Chris and Marina played limbo. Falcom and Riley made a karate and dancing show. The men drank a beer or two and we all laughed and visited.

At one point Vince took Matt to show him our upstairs. Now, I will mention here that this is the ultimate out of sight/out of mind location for me and the place was just trashed! I turned to Irene and said, "you know, I just haven't had the energy to turn that room into a sanctuary of love lately." Well, just saying that out loud was enough to motivate me to spend the day cleaning those rooms. No, it's still not done, but it is on it's way.


Grandma Kathy had these shots taken while we were in Illinois. There is a whole proof book of pictures I have to pick. How am I going to do that?

I found this shrine to mermaids in our living room.<

No comments: