Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Quiet Night At Home? Never!


Just when I thought I'd get a reprieve from partying, Vince called to say that it was our great friend Valda's birthday. She had neglected to tell anyone, but fortunately some of the nurses found out. Vince picked up cakes from Fat Olives and we had a surprise party. The kids had gone to Valda's for a visit and Vince and I were going to take the cakes to her house, but then the kids talked her into coming over for dinner and so it was a very spontaneous party. I pulled all of the candles I could find from the cabinet and found these number candles. Vince put them on the cake trying to make a joke. He was stunned to find out that this was actually Valda's 69th birthday. He just could not believe it, she is so spry! And we all laughed at the coincidence.

Happy Birthday Valda!

No comments: