Thursday, March 27, 2008

Leaving Lewistown


Today was our last day in the Central Illinois region. I spent most of it thinking about all I needed to do to get ready to leave. I also spent a great portion of the day drinking tea with my Aunt and shopping at Goodwill. I spent 2 hours shopping at Goodwill. I spent $200. I was flabbergasted, but when Aunt Jeannett and Kathy and I took an overview of my purchases we all knew it was money well spent. A new dress suit, a new sequin dress for my birthday, tons of cute clothes for Marina, totally worth it! Then more ice tea drinking. I am now home and packing.

Tomorrow we leave early for Peoria where we will catch an express bus to O'Hare. After check in we will call the hotel that we stayed at before and they will pick us up and bring us to them where we can spend a few hours swimming and eating before flying back to Alaska. Ah! Alaska... hard to believe the journey is ending.

Thank you to all my wonderful family and extended family that made this trip so memorable and fun. What a joy it's been spending time with each of you. Thank you for everything. Kathy, I want to say a special thank you to you for making this trip so memorable for the kids. We've really had a fun time.

No comments: