Monday, March 3, 2008

Cabin Weekend


It was a quiet weekend at the cabin. When the snow machines were not running. DeeJay wrecked the snow machine a bunch of times and that stresses me out (especially when he's got a kid riding with him) but they all survived. I think there is too many steps involved that DeeJay can't seem to remember. And impulsivity could be an issue! I went on a great snowshoe hike and realized that I really enjoy snowshoeing out there. Sadly, no amount of snowshoeing is going to make up for the fact that I have eaten out nearly everyday this week. There is no way that the scales are going to tip in my favor at Weight Watchers tonight. (I just got an email from Suzanne that said that she's been eating like a pig and doesn't want to go to the meeting. Knowing that I won't be the only gainer in the joint helps me a lot! Thanks Suzanne!)

Marina and I played that we were make believe trees. We also went sledding. I started reading a non-book club book about a book club but not the Jane Austin Book club (this months pick).

There is only one problem with the cabin and that is that for some reason, in the night, I have to wake up to pee several times. This does not happen to me at home. Getting up there means going down the stairs, past the wood stove, into snow boots, down the treacherous steps and into the outdoors. It's kind of interesting because all that just to get out to pee really wakes up a girl. The stars are so brilliant when the air is a crisp 10 degrees. It makes falling back to sleep next to impossible.

Needless to say I spent yesterday crabby. But, after a good nights sleep I am back to my old self. Well, better start the day of cleaning. I will try to relive Heavy H'oerderves later.



THE MONDAY SUNRISE

No comments: