Monday, March 10, 2008

Daylight Savings Time


Another spring around the corner? In Alaska daylight savings time means one thing: the beginning of the season in which it is hard to get your children to sleep at night. Is spring around the corner, really? Considering that Saturday night the wind was blowing gale force into my house and there were 5 inches of fresh heavy snow on my porch in the morning, I would say not.

Vince and the kids had spent the night at the cabin and as they were walking out the door, Vince and I had made a plan to meet at the parking lot at 8.30 in the morning so he could pick me up and take me to the cabin. We did not think to specify 'with spring forward?' And so I set my alarm for six, showered, drank coffee, started my chores that I wanted to get done (but blew off in exchange for dinner with Mindy) and turned on the computer. Lo! with DST I was late to meet Vince! Luckily, he knows me well enough to know that there was a good chance that was going to happen and so he was not upset.

Marina and I got some snowshoeing in. The kids did some riding. Everyone celebrated the fact that DeeJay learned to stand up and move around while he was riding so there were less serious accidents. Not saying that there were not many accidents. In fact, there was one where he blasted off a cornis at full speed and then the machine was going so fast he flew off and right onto his back and the machine kept on going. These are the pictures that document the event.

No comments: