Thursday, May 15, 2008

Veggie Day!

This was the scene from my window yesterday. If you look closely you will see snowflakes.



This is the scene from my window today. Which is better?





Today, Marina had important questions for Vince. They were important questions for Vince because I couldn't find a good answer. These included, "Why does Dad like to kill human nature?" (I'm sure she meant to say Mother nature) and "When can we go to Bali and why can't it be tomorrow?"

We kidnapped Vince for lunch and took him with us to help deliver our veggie boxes and have a treat. We shared a baguette. (I had 1/3 of it and was satisfied). He told Dale and Sharon of his job change and of his living situation plan. (The Van)Dale said that it was a funny thought to think of him camping with the RVs and the grey hairs in the parking lot at Fred Meyers all summer. He said, "I'm planning on putting out a sign, you know like the guy who has the sign that says, Windshields Repaired. Except mine will say, Medication Checks. I think it will be a lucrative side business." We were laughing! And it was nice to laugh. The card I picked for this week was a good one. (see picture)

Sharon brought the boys by, just in time to give me tips on oven baking some pork ribs in a ginger-garlic-hoisun-oyster sauce.
She is a cool friend in that she was perfectly comfortable hanging out at my house with her kids and my daughter in the mess while I went to Falcom's school for meetings. She also kept Marina from feeding our just arrived beautiful organic apples to the friends on horseback who stopped by for a visit. Whew.....
She and I are going to have to start making more time for each other.


I went to pick up Falcom from school and came across the kids in this position.
Chasey's dad said, "What's going on over there? It's like they are passing out cigarettes." I said, "Probably one of them has candy. You know, with this crowds parents, candy is to them like cigarettes were for us." Another good laugh.


Big News in town among the 1-15 year old set: IT'S CARNIVAL TIME! Every time we go to town we have to drive by this corner. We have to go by this corner because of the intense begging and pleading that the children do. Pulezze let us see what they brought today! Pulezze! Through unscientific polling, I have been amazed to learn that this is a behavior which all young children in the town are participating in. Can you guess where we will be spending our Saturday afternoon with the Brothers Wise after the birthday party of Christopher?

No comments: