Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Day Two of Not Driving to Town

Wild Chickens of Mansfield Avenue
The veggie boxes were delayed today and so Marina and I have been able to share a delightful day at home. Alone. In the quiet. Valda dropped in for coffee and a look at the Wise family blog with Groovy Video upload. It is fun to visit with Valda. I need to go over there to see the pictures of her trip to Puru. Look at the fun friends I have. Irene and Matt in Vietnam, Valda in Puru, Vince in St. Maartin, Kimmy off to do her Missionary work. Mom and Ann are in Arkansas. I'm so lucky to have so many well traveled people in my life!
I've still got a chicken in my basement. Her eggs should be hatching on Sunday. She had diarrhea all over them today and so I had to clean them all. You can tell that she's a teenage mother; she is ferocious towards me and yet can't really care for her eggs properly yet. Happily I can report that they were all perfectly warm and that some of them felt heavy, like something was happening beneath that shell. We will find out Sunday.
I must admit that I am very distracted during this post. I have an IEP (Individualized Educational Plan) meeting for DeeJay today. We need to be at the meeting at 8, which means that I must have Falcom at Nona's at 7:25, Marina at Priscilla's at 7:45, and DeeJay and I to the high school by 7:55. Then we will meet with all of his teachers and DeeJay from 8-8:30 and when DeeJay leaves for class at 8:25 we get down to the real business of talking about him. He is begging to get out of this meeting and to just ride the bus to school. Vince is wondering how we can accomplish anything with him there. I am trying to convince them both that as a 17 year old it is time for him to start learning what is going on with him and to take charge of his life. The life of a mom with an IEP kid (Interesting Exceptional Person) has it's challenges. He just woke up and told me the reason he can not go to the meeting is because he has a bunch of classwork due today. What was he doing last night? Going on a long walk with Vince and I and watching American Idol... Hum....

A Movie from Our Porch

ut

No comments: