Saturday, May 3, 2008

Birthday Party!


We woke up to a birthday miracle! All of the chickens were home and no one got eaten. Amazing.
It's hard to believe that my baby Falcom is 9 years old tomorrow. He wanted a horse birthday. I'm not sure I know what he wanted for a horse birthday. What he got was this cupcake cake. I think his last year mermaid cake was more artistic, but this horse cake drew compliments and fulfilled every ones cupcake needs.




We rented the pool again this year and were blessed with many fun friends over for a good time. We swam, we ate, we sang 'Happy Birthday', we opened presents and it was over. Well worth the rent money for a maxed out mom. DeeJay was a big help and played with all the kids in the pool. Kate Finn was there as well helping me organize and prepare everything.


Sadly, Riley got sick today and could not come to the party. Chris was showing his usual oppositional defiant personality and just did not want to participate and so the two boys went home with Pat. Hopefully next week we can have an overnight with them. It was weird to have a birthday with no Wise brothers. We've been celebrating with them for so many years now.



According to Falcom, "Of Course I had a good birthday party." He is happy, I'm relieved. Now a pizza party tomorrow night with grown up friends and then the season of many birthdays is over. Whew!

press play to see Falcom blowing out his candles

I just got a great birthday treat... Irene and Matt calling me on Skype from Vietnam! I even got to see them because they have a video camera. Awesome! The world has become so small. Check their blog for their Vietnam updates. http://phowises.blogspot.com/ or go to my favorite blog list and you will see Wise Family. You can click there too.

She is great! Matt is great! She reminded me that birthday season is not over as we have Chris's birthday in a couple weeks. She has promised tomorrow to take pictures of the organs at the market for me. Also, she could pick up the video camera and show me the bananas and mangosteins that she bought! It was making me very hungry. She also showed me the kick ass LV purse she bought me. It's a 'good karma' purse because they are American and have to warm up to bargaining and the over spending she just did will pay for a whole month of rent or gas for the seller. I can not wait until the day I can get back to Asia where I can leave my trail of good karma all around.

Tomorrow, Maya comes home! Hallelujah!

No comments: