Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Regular Tuesday without Irene








News of the month (and the reason for my emotional eating) is that Vince will be leaving his job at South Peninsula Hospital for a job at Central Peninsula Hospital. He will be working three days on, four off and will be spending two nights a week in Soldotna. He is glad to just be a regular pharmacist and not have to be a manager anymore.

As is true to Vince's personality, he will be enthusiastically living out of the Mel Mobile. If you are unfamiliar with the Mel Mobile, please watch the following short movie:




Now that Vince has come out of the closet, so to speak, I feel like a cork has popped out of a dyke. Hopefully, now I can emote at will (which is my personality norm) and get away from emotional eating.


And now for some Emoting!

The situation creates a medium level distress in me, mostly because it means things have to change. I think I will be feeling distress until we are able to have a routine. The other reason I feel distress is that I really really like Vince and I love having him around. He will only be away two nights a week, which will be nothing, but... to me it feels like something.

This change has made us have to put MY winter planning on hold because we made a pact as a family not to travel without each other again and we won't know if he will have any vacation available for a while.

Because the darkness of winter is hard for me, these travel breaks are critical to my mental health. Between the job change and the kids school situation I was unable to take Kimmy up on her fabulous timeshare offer. The realization of the pending winter has put a funk into my funkiness.

Irene says that something will materialize and I know she's right, but, it's easier to stress about that than the Zombified Legions of the Soccer Mom Army following Vince around in Soldotna.

Had coffee this afternoon with Priscilla. It was funny.



Topics Discussed:



  • This beautiful bouquet of Mother's Day flowers from J.H.

    Chris's birthday cake and how to best make it

  • Her ongoing Carpel Tunnel problem and her visit to see Dr. McCallum

  • Her lawn mower and who should service it

  • This Thursday, Marina, school picnic which I or Vince needs to be there for

  • Priscilla in the newspaper and how it should have said, "Wise Family and Grandma"




















  • Matt and Vince in the newspaper. How one of them needed to have their name scratched through the list.

    Chris going to school looking like a rag-muffin in ripped jeans which were high waters! Unthinkable! The child of a doctor and a nurse no less!


  • Queen Maya

I ended up fixing her lawnmower by changing the spark plug. I felt very macho doing it. Totally butch, like I am becoming the full package: totally hot-stage-former school bus driving-coffee drinking-butch mom. It also allowed me to feel as though I had paid for my coffee and babysitting time.


Chicken update: The chicken Veronica is no longer in our basement. She could not keep those eggs warm. She stopped being into setting about four days ago and Vince and I decided to get on with it. DeeJay was sad to say good-bye to his room mate, but alas... Maybe next month.

No comments: