Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wise Family Visit

The Wise brothers and sister came over today while their dad went out to the Russian Village to do sports physicals on the young athletes. This marks the first time Irene has left me alone with Maya. I guess now that Maya can say my name, we are bonded enough. I should say that she actually shouts, "Raina!" It makes Irene and I laugh to think that even tiny non-speaking babies still might have the stereotypically Asian, R/L problem.


While the little boys watched TV (because it was pouring rain), and when Marina bored of it, Maya spent her time at our house playing with DeeJay and Willie. Island boys know how to treat little kids. They both were so warm and lovable to this little spit-fire girl. These two are such sweet and wonderful boys. They will make great dads someday. And by someday I mean like 10 years from now.


At one point there was a bad smell coming from the small girl and Willie told me he thought she needed a diaper change. "Do you still know how to do that?" He asked me with a twinkle in his eye. These two are crazy!

Look at this crew sitting around the table. Such a big family...having watched them grow, I feel so blessed that I get to sit with them and listen to their stories. It is such a bright and colorful gang. I am thankful!

No comments: