Monday, September 15, 2008

Earthy Monday

See this sweater that Sharon has just finished? She made the buttons herself from tiny rounds of Alder that she sawed from the trees in her yard and then sanded and smoothed and then attached to the finished sweater. How kick butt is that?


The kids all got off to school in a blaze of glory. No hiccups, no missing shoes, nothing. We were very light on the Marina jacket scene, but I figured they were just here there and everywhere. Oh, no! They were all in a big pile right there at school! It seems that once they go in, they never come out...unless I pick them up and carry them all out.

When Vince and I got home I immediately started working on paperwork. I thought Vince was out messing around in his new shed. The phone rang promptly at 9 and who should be on the phone? Sharon wondering if I needed a strong cup of coffee... Oh of course! I went out to tell Vince that I was going out and he was not in his shed. He was here, in this meadow:He was bucking trees for the new wood stove. Uh oh! Moral dilemma. Wood stove needs wood, I should be helping... On the other hand, was feeling so un-Alaskan and so unwilling to get wet and dirty and cold that I quickly made an executive decision and told him that I was going and bye, jumped in the car and zoomed right off. Should I feel guilty about this? I did for about a half a minute.

McNeil school had their annual carrot sale fundraiser and the kids stepped off the bus with these delicious carrots. I know, beautiful.
PS
Girls from the WW! There was an 'interpersonal' emergency tonight, a serious train wreck, and so I was not able to attend the meeting. No, it's not our family. I am still on point track though. Talk to you soon! Alana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon, you rock!
Irene

Lynne said...

we missed you and "the gang" monday!! Your meadow photo is so beautiful...truly the most picturesque setting anywhere!
Those carrots make my mouth water...yum!
hope to see ya soon....