Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Weight of the World-itus and It's Cure

Oh! It has been such a hard week for me and my suffering! Some of you may not realize that I am afflicted with a severe form of Weight of the World-itus and it overcomes me from time to time. Weeks like this I find myself being a full blown Buddhist, repeating the first of The Four Noble Truths, "Life is Suffering." This past week it has been especially bad (read my last blog post). Between living life and seeing scenes like this one here... my heart aches.

I left this image and went off to deliver my veggies. I told Teri that I was on my way and was then distracted by the million things that need attention in this house, including the phone. An hour later she called me and asked where I was. I told her that I was being distracted and were the veggies in her way? She said, "No, they aren't here yet, I was just getting worried." Not thinking a thing about it, I went right over and started going into a little rant about DeeJay or Falcom or something and she pointed out her window and said, "Look what my son almost died from." There in her driveway was a totaled out truck. He was fortunate enough to walk away from that. She said, "I am still so relieved that I am not mad yet." It made my struggle with DeeJay seem very small.

Sharon acting out a skit from Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show"



On the way to deliver my boxes, Irene called to say that she would meet me at Two Sisters. When I got to Two Sisters I saw Sharon, who is utterly hilarious. When I told her about Teri and my Weight of the World-itus she knew just what to say to me. It is very adult and funny. Somehow, Sharon was able to enact this exact skit from the Daily Show from memory. That good laugh was kind of like priming the pump. Please do not watch it if you are not in the mood for some sick humor, or very adult humor. It is very sick and funny. Don't watch with the kids in the room... http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=183521&title=john-mccain-chooses-a-running


Then Irene and Maya showed up and oh man! I was starting to really crack up about stuff again. It was such a relief!


Maya wants everyone to know that she would eat plenty if her mother would just get her the things she really wants. This picture tells the whole story right here.
Look, she's even showing her 'reading readiness' skills by studying and sounding out her dream liquid...es...pr...es...so...


I left them and went to Priscilla's where I told her all about my struggles with being a LD mom and how I wish my mom were here. She said she wishes that my mom was back too. Josiah, who bought our house next door to Priscilla, put it on the market today. She is hoping another nice woman like my mother will move in there so that she can have another friend.

We really had a good laugh or two together. Then I raced off to the harbor and saw Neil's boat. So beautiful and I got to stay a whole minute before I had to race off to meet the kids bus (It was so beautiful and Alaskana and can you believe I forgot the camera?).

  • The kids did the bus to town just fine. Falcom got some Pokemon cards from EBay (and his dad) in the mail.

  • DeeJay worked things out at school and has some very easy extra credit assignments which ought to bring him up to a C- in English...so that he can get his phone back. He got some good information about the GED process. Lolita was so clear and so fabulous with him. (By the way, my Ted Stevens-ish antics have gotten DeeJay the communication that he needs and it looks like we can finally all be on the same page. Yea!)

  • Willie got his homework done at the library.

  • Marina cut her hand after dinner and it was really bleeding and I was afraid to look at it, because...well...I can't get into why except to say that I wasn't sure how I would handle the worst case scenario and so I was afraid to look. Well, although Valda thinks I'm exaggerating, this is where I know that God is always with me looking out for me, because, right then Nurse Valda called. Falcom told her what happened and she rushed right over to tell me that it was just a bad cut and that we wouldn't have to be making an ER trip. What a relief to know everything was alright. What a relief to know my family is in such good hands. In all ways.

No, things are never going to be normal and they are far from perfect, but I am feeling about three continents and an ocean lighter today. Thank you Lord! Thanks Friends!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

i miss seeing you, and i love mayo, too! (and i'm glad that marina is OK...whew!)