Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Regular Tuesday with Irene



When I arrived at Irene's, she had just gotten home from taking Maya to the eye doctor (please read her post for this topic). These lives are such a swirl! Fortunately, with her dilated eyes Maya dropped right into sleep and Irene and I had an entire hour of quiet together before I had to leave to get my kids.
Topics Discussed:
  • My powerful and fantastic Motherly Omnipotence! The nurses office at the high school called me right as I was sitting at the stop sign at Lake and Pioneer. I was walking into the nurses office just seconds after they called. The look of surprise on DeeJay's face was priceless! "I'm here honey, you'd better come home and let me take care of you." This will come as a shock to all you mothers, grandmothers, fathers out there; he was not that sick, and even more amazing, his being in the office allowed him to have an excuse for why he had not signed up for an actual Focus on Learning class. Oh no, he did not need to leave school. He just needs cough drops. Then he moved right on to class. Hee Hee Hee!

  • Future career avenues for us 'routine challenged' mother figures. Damn you Mindy!

  • Kuala Lampur? You know you love just saying the word. It has to be good.


  • The mountains and mountains of paperwork from the schools that needs to be gone over and sorted through.

  • Weather! Urg!

  • Riley's field trip (see Irene's blog)


  • Why I should be upset... Irene taking on more projects (projects that sadly won't happen if she doesn't do it and these projects are critical. Yes, she is the manager of Riley's hockey team and is organizing Sunday School this year. And I joke that I could be a Vice Presidential hopeful!)

  • Why I am not upset and it will be good for her to not have all that extra room in her schedule (this was a stretch, but I think she bought it).

  • How Nana is going to find a nice grandmotherly person for Vince to rent a room from this winter when he is in Soldotna for work.

  • Who should I be confrontational with and who do I just not want in my life enough to go through the expression of energy for.

  • Things we can't blog about.

  • How I took Falcom to Jerami not for a haircut but for a family therapy session. The price of the product was worth it totally and Falcom's hair does look much much better.

  • A party we are having and that people had better save money for because I am starting to wonder what that Mindy has gotten me into! Seriously!

  • I've been watching "Flight of the Conchords" on DVD very funny! very silly! Recommended viewing for all humor seeking moms who just need something funny to watch. I recommend it for people who are only sometimes offended by cuss words and sexual references. Most of it is truly mild, but they are New Zelanders in New York and so the New Yorkers can be rude and foul. No nudity, funny song lyrics that maybe shouldn't be shared with small children although they would really have to be gifted to understand it all.

No comments: