Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving


Wow! What a lot to be thankful for! Unfortunately, I have to add 'the ability to dodge bullets' to our list this year. I won't go into all the things that have happened since Vince went into work last Wednesday, but I will say that when I re-investigate my list of things that I could receive a scary phone call about "shooting spree" never made my list.

I haven't made time for myself emotionally to grieve for Kim. Once I see the big boys are here and that they are doing OK then I will get on with that.

On Thanksgiving, Cindi P. made another enormous feast and we spent the day in Ninilchik with some very interesting people, including one woman who just moved here from Thailand and one here visiting from Africa. We all had some great laughs and great food. Thank you Cindi, Nicki, and Sheri for welcoming us again, and giving us such a nice day. We all had a super time.
Another bit of really fun news is that Falcom and Marina rang the bell for the Salvation Army in front of Ulmer's on Saturday and they raised $113 dollars in two hours. I am very proud of them for putting themselves out there and contributing to the holiday spirit for families who aren't as financially blessed as we are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for taking care of my mom while I'm gone. She looks so happy!