Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pictures from the Weekend



Vince went fishing, (surprising, I know,) and afterwords called us to ask us if we wanted to go across the bay for a burger. Of course! It was lovely out on the water. Our friend Gina and her friend and Mema joined us. When we arrived at Otter Cove we found the restaurant was closed for the season. Not enough tourists... We ended up at Glacier Burger for a Glacier Burger and fries.

Got this great new bike at a garage sale and was actually able to ride it with my bum knee! Isn't it a perfect Alana bike?

On a weekend trip to the cabin, Falcom found a stick loaded with porcupine quills. It was as if the porcupine had scratched a serious itch on the fat stick. Falcom pulled all the quills from the stick and placed them around his room in strategic locations in order to protect his wallet from thieves.

I learned this this weekend when I stepped on one. Yes, it is much more painful than an ordinary splinter. I found his ingenious trap building hilarious after I finished cussing everyone out who happened to be in the vicinity at the moment of my injury.

The Kilcher Road party took place Friday night. Gage's sister Zetti is in town. This is relevant because Zetti is like a version of me in the life I was manifesting for myself before I moved to Alaska. She and her family live in the Berkeley Hills in a small house with a guest cottage in back. She pulled me aside the instant she saw me and informed me that it was perfectly OK with her for the kids and I to live in the cottage while Falcom attends the Oakland School for the Performing Arts. Her daughter is going to audition and we could car pool. (Oh, and pedicures cost only $15.) Thank you Gage for a great night!

My good friend Jolene (on the left) and her husband are moving to Arizona after 20 years in Alaska. We go way back to my airport days together. She even came to visit me in Saipan and stayed at Laurie's apartment. Her going away party was a riot. Did you ever think a non alcoholic drink could look so fantastic? Thank you for a great party and for introducing me to champagne grapes!

(Beverage: Sour Melon Poweraid in Organic Sugar dipped Martini glass with champagne grapes)

No comments: