Saturday, August 22, 2009

East End Road Book Group Meeting -or- How Marina is the Ruler of Her Kingdom


This week I took Falcom and Marina to the bookstore. While we were there Marina picked up the audio version of Skippyjon Jones. This book has become this summers favorite tome.

The following night Marina asked me for Suzanne's phone number. "Hello Suzanne. No, this is Marina. I need to call a meeting of the book group. I need to share my book. Yes, I think Friday will work just fine. Thank you." And so, Marina keeps our book group alive by scheduling meetings for us!Suzanne brought her mother Lorianne. Jean was able to attend. The rest of the gang was absent. As always, the food was delightful! The conversation somewhat restrained, as this has been a heavy emotional summer for all of us. Jean cut her hair for Locks of Love. I've been stewing over the boys school schedules and everything else all week. Suzanne is back at work full time. Mema read the heavy "Five Smooth Stones." Not our most lively meeting.

However, Marina did an excellent job sharing her books with the group. We then retold the story of how, when she heard of Mema's going to today's street fair in town with Priscilla and Beverley, she looked right at Mema with arms wide and imitated King Julian from Madagascar 2 perfectly by saying, "Good News Freaks! I am coming with you!"

Hearing her call those Grandma's 'Freaks' really did me in.

For all of you who do not have children and have never amused yourself with King Julian before, please see the hilarity for yourself, click link below. You only need to see the first 35 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6WG6ctb6Fw

No comments: