Friday, August 7, 2009

Anchorage Pictures


Mel Mobile in McDonald's Parking LotInside the Mel Mobile


Yes, the Mel Mobile has an audio/visual system!

You can't beat that BAMFV for a good time on the road.

After my last blog posting, the kids and I got an unexpected offer to spend the night at our friend Jenna's house. This was a real treat for me not only because we were able to experience the delight of running water and refrigeration, but I was able to do some badly needed catching up with my friend Jenna.

Jenna was 11 when we were living on Saipan. She and Hannah and her parents came to Saipan to visit us. She remembers Willie and DeeJay from that time and remembers some of the delicious food we were able to eat while she was there. She used to babysit Falcom before she got to high school and became too busy. She also remembers when we came home from Saipan, she and I painted a room really bright blue and it was so horrible! But when we stood real close we felt that we were back at the reef in Saipan. Ah!

She is 21 now, just received her Occupational Health and Safety certification of UAA, in the middle of her underpaying internship, battling her way through the interpersonal lessons that young women must learn at this age. I am so blessed to still have her in my life! While Jenna worked, we decided it was time for haircuts. Marina wanted short haircut with bangs. Dad (and I) wants his little girl to have little girl hair. We compromised. Falcom on the other hand wanted his hair SHORT and waved me away at the salon and got this cut. This picture says it all. Especially the caption on the right. Too Perfect!

At the end of the day, everyone was very happy with their haircuts. Marina no longer screams at the sight of the brush. Falcom is not so happy with a buzz cut but we are glad he tried it out. After the haircut we had to race around Anchorage looking for a shower as he had hair in every nook and cranny. I love my adventurous kids!

No comments: