Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Kilcher Road Coffee Klatch


The Kilcher Road Coffee Klatch met last night, not for coffee, but for sushi and deserts. As you can see are a modern progressive coffee klatch. Members in attendance included Sharon, Gage, Charlotte and myself.

As part of the governance laid out in our bylaws, no gossip can be exchanged outside the group to anyone other than our husbands (who secretly love knowing the gossip from our neighborhood.) There are two things I can mention from the evening. t he notorious Jewel is coming to town, and with her being a Kilcher there there was plenty of gossip to share about that. My favorite was her inability 5 years to contribute her $500 share to the artist in the school scholarship program that she started. Sharon wants to shout that from the roof tops. "What pop star can't scrounge $500? And then for her Dad to tell the auditorium that times were tight for her? How tight could they be? Didn't she used to live in a van?"

The other thing that I can share is a surreal story from my day.

I was at Jolene's house, picking something up for her, when a rental car pulled up and a super good looking skinny girl with long straight blond hair popped out. "Can we camp in your yard?" She asked. Please click http://www.abercrombie.com/ for a pictorial to accompany this post.

Falcom was intrigued. "Um," I said flabbergasted, "This isn't my yard. So, I can not give any permission to do anything here."

Falcom piped up. "No, this is the Grady's house and they are moved so you could maybe stay here. They need money for rent right?" Oh Fal...

The girl said, "It's just me, my fiance and our good friend. We are staying at Land's End Condos tomorrow, and going to Halibut Cove tonight. We just don't want to stay out on the Spit tonight."

I started giving her a run down of camping areas not on the spit and was saying good luck when Falcom chimed back up. "Why don't you stay in our yard? We have a trampoline!"

Super good looking girl in high end rental car did not miss a beat, "Really, could we?"

I said, "Um. Yea, it would be OK, but I'm not sure that it is what you are looking for, I mean, by the time you get back from across the bay and then drive to our place... Why don't I give your fiancee directions."

The young man hops out of the car. Six feet tall, chiseled, preppy. The friend jumps out. Six feet tall, chiseled, preppy. "Where are you from exactly?" I ask since they are obviously not from Alaska. How could I tell? I have never seen young men in our state this well groomed.

"We attend school outside of Boston." I could see their mailboxes at home, filling during their absence with their trust fund statements. Land's End models perhaps? Or Abecrombie and Finch?

I gave them directions and told them that I would perhaps see them. I wished them well. I then texted Irene who was very excited to see the photos that I would secretly take of them. Then at my mothers that evening I realized that they could be burgles or serial killers with the help of her Californian insight. Sharon promised that she would remember the description clearly so that she could help the Troopers put out an APV.

Gage said, "Alana what if you wake up to find them jumping naked on your trampoline?"

"I will take pictures of course. I've got about 20 girlfriends who would love to see that!" Sadly for all girlfriends and a few boyfriends, no gorgeous rich people slept in my yard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darn it! No gorgeous naked supermodel serial killers jumping on your trampoline!