Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Fishing Trip (a post written by Marina)

We were going out fishing. I was the first one to catch a fish. It was an Irish Lord. The person who caught the biggest fish was Manuel. This is a picture of the biggest halibut. Manuel says that fishing here is easier than where he comes from. Where he lives he has to go out, find the tuna, or dive with a spear. This is just sitting on a boat and then the fish come to you!


While we were boating we saw baby otters! They were so adorable!!!


I caught the most Irish Lords out of everyone. All these fish would take my bait. My dad caught the most halibut.

When we got back to the harbor I found a huge log in the water. Then we cleaned the fish at the fish cleaning tables. I won't tell you what I did because I wasn't supposed to be doing it, but it was so so so fun!

Then we went to the ice cream shop on the other side of the spit and listened to Falcom sing with Maygen and her band. I don't really want to talk about him because this is my blog post.

In farming news, one of our baby chicks and one of our baby ducks died. It couldn't walk. Dad says it had a bad fever/infection. This is probably not true. I think it just got sick, a bad disease, from eating Styrofoam.

Today we are going on a long bike ride. (My mom just wrote that because I don't want to go.)

No comments: