Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Good Bye Frogs


It takes two years for an African Clawed Frog to be able to reproduce. Amazingly, practically to the day they turned two, I was able to witness the eggs flying out of the female. No one can imagine my horror the first time I witnessed the frogs in full egg laying/mating form. I immediately called Bill Kitzmiller, the reptile rescue artist, and told him of my dilemma.

"I will NOT have mating egg laying frogs in my house any longer. I will not have a gross pond with thousands of frogs in my house. No I can't kill them. No, I won't create an environmental hazard by releasing them into the wild. Yes, I can bring them any time."

The frogs will now be able to amuse people all over town, as Bill does education in schools. They will be in his shop to croak and amuse him throughout the summer. We can come by to visit.

Thank you Bill for providing me with some peace and getting this pond adventure out of my house!

No comments: