Thursday, May 6, 2010

Falcom's Birthday


In my youth I had many ideas about what made a family. I read all the psychology books and was well versed in Family Philosophy.

Now that I hit the ground running with it, I realize now that the only thing that really shows who is your family is the people who, year after year, are willing to drop everything and come to a birthday party on short notice.

These are the people who are willing to drop their own routine; be that a favorite show, a good book, or a walk on the beach, to come over for mac and cheese on paper plates to sing to a boy they have known since he got off the plane in Homer.

I'm lucky to have such a warm and loving family. Falcom is very aware that he is deeply loved. Thank you all for coming and sharing a wonderful night with us!

No comments: