Thursday, May 27, 2010

Manuel is Here! sure he's been here a week...and I'm just now talking about it...but still...


Manuel is Here

I forgot to mention with a lengthy editorial that Manuel Paag, father of DeeJay and Willie arrived for three weeks of vacation with his boys. It has been great to have him here. He is helpful and quick to smile. He is enjoying Alaska and helping Vince with the tremendous amount of chores that must be done at the beginning of the Alaskan Summer.

It has also been nice because he was here not only for the graduation, but to see DeeJay's car wreck that was so obscenely bad, and odd, like, "How?" He drove across the road ran the ditch and landed high in the trees. Neighbors stopped to see if he was OK and brought him home. He is OK. We think he fell asleep at the wheel. OY! Manuel is glad to see what is going on with that boy.

Manuel also wants to find a machete so that he can build me a duck house... A Yapese duck house! I can't wait to see that one.

We woke up the other morning to a dead baby chick. Who knows what happened. Vince frowned on the idea of a autopsy. In an unusual maneuver, I did not grieve or even flinch about it for a moment. I know, right! I'm getting a heart of stone! I'm becoming a farmer! The chicks are already out in the chicken coop.

I have been having a great time playing with my "baby ducks". Iris is officially the "mama duck". They are more fun than having baby chicks as they are more interactive and comical.

School is out. Falcom and Marina spent the day riding their bikes alone around town. They are really growing up...


I've been thinking about nostalgia...and I can't find the time to write about it... maybe tomorrow? Like this picture of Vince and I for instance... am I stoned? Of course not! but it got me thinking...

No comments: