Monday, March 2, 2009

Pictures from the Weekend

Scenes from the Spit

Saturday Falcom and I took Mema to the movies. We saw Hotel for Dogs. It was an emotional roller coaster for the audience at the matinee. I knew something was up when Falcom had stopped eating popcorn. I looked over and tears were streaming down his face. In an unscientific study after the show I found that 5 out of 6 kids aged 11 and under cried during the movie. Oh, yea, and also one 60 something grandma named Priscilla was in tears... whew!!

Afterwords, I decided it was a perfect evening to drive out to the spit and have dinner with two of my favorite people, Mema and Falcom.

Falcom was wondering if there were people actually buried under the Seafarers Memorial. The answer is no, it's just a place we like to visit to place our love, saddness and worries from the sea.

Marina trying on Falcom's false eyelashes with DeeJay in the background. He is at that camera shy age and so I have to be very sneaky!

Marina looked so Alaskan Glamorous, with her snow machine gear and sparkle false eyelashes. What an Alaskan Girl!

Vince and Marina had a Daddy/Daughter overnight to the cabin Saturday night. Marina is an excellent rider. Her coordination really shows on the trail. They had a great time together.
I took my first foray into making a curry 'local style'.

I know what you are thinking...and yes, this is a colorful hot dog curry with rainbow chard, red peppers, carrots, and broccoli. Remember this when you want to eat hot dogs but the idea of a bun and a plate of chips just won't cut it. It was good...for not being shrimp

Wonder how long until Costco will steal my idea and start making this at it's deli...
Falcom spent the night at Mema's where they watched movies, built a new fairy house (spring is on the way you know), knocked down icicles, laughed and talked. This relationship is like magic! Can you believe that Falcom self staged this shot? He is really funny.

Valda, if you are reading this from Africa, you will be pleased to hear that the frogs have a new home. They do about the same things that they did before; float around, eat, float around, but the added space does seem to make them look like they are growing.

For those readers who aren't familiar with the story of the frogs, about 10 months ago we ordered frog eggs as a science experiment because finding frogs around here is really tricky. The instructions in the kit read, "If one egg reaches adulthood you will be lucky." Can you guess how many of these little suckers made it? That's right...At least they don't smell like turtle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and I miss you. I miss Falcom's long hair, too. I'm sorry I missed his show. But I am looking forward to seeing him in Jubilee when he can really be himself instead of that sedated version I saw on the video. Maybe I'm glad I did not have to witness the "normalization" of Falcom. I feel so sad...

sharon said...

As per Alana's instructions, I would like to announce to the world (since the whole world reads this blog) that I am Alana's true soulmate, because I also made a hot dog gourmet dish on the very same night, although mine was a potato-fresh rosemary-Italian affair. Deelish!
-Sharon