Friday, March 13, 2009

DeeJay Turns 18!




It is with great pride that I announce the birthday of our beloved DEEJAY PAAG! Willie and I tried without success to surprise him at school. We had wrapped our candy lei's and I was going to bring a pizza and soda for him and his friends. He caught onto us though and thought that we were going to make him wear traditional Yapese lei's and he wanted no part of that. Instead of being available to anyone during lunch he hid in the library. He really put Willie on a goose chase. Fortunately, I did not have the ability to buy all that food and drink or it would have been wasted on the kid who hid. Willie was able to give him his lei's after school while they waited for the bus and he loved them and wished he hadn't hid out quite so much.

It is funny when I think back onto the first time I met DeeJay. Willie had been staying after school with me each day to 'practice his English' and in the middle of the second week he whispered to me with his head lowered, "Can my brother join us?". Outside the door to my classroom stood DeeJay. Unlike Willie he was tall and his shoulders were square. DeeJay loved riding in the car and jamming out to music and going on adventures. I cherish those memories.

This is a picture of us at Vince and my wedding. The kids swam through the ceremony. DeeJay was 9 at this time. The same age Falcom is now. DeeJay has never enjoyed having his picture taken as is obvious from his embarrassment in this picture. Wait...is he embarrassed that he is getting his picture taken or that he is holding my hand...hum...


Last night was the actual birthday and we celebrated with ice cream cake and pizza. Because it was a school night and Vince was at work it ended up being a small gathering, with Mema and Mayghen, Iris and Iris's friend Brian. Things got a little out of hand with the super blue food dye chocolate cake frosting. We laughed and joked and got a thrill looking at our house on Brian's I-Touch Cell phone using Google Earth.

This weekend Vince and Glenn are taking the big kids to the snow machine cabin for a GPS scavenger hunt. Should be a blast!


We love you DeeJay. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday DeeJay! I'm sorry we missed it. I'll make it up to you when we get home.