Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Off Camping


Is that camping week finally upon us? I admit that I am packing with trepidation in my heart. Shockingly, it is not on account of my love of showering, shaving, and well, I'll leave that last part out. No, it is more on account of the weather; the ominous rainclouds that reside overhead. It is due to the mosquitoes that I fear will be tearing the flesh off of my children's bodies. It is the sadness I feel having to leave Willie and DeeJay behind at home. (They want to stay and earn money. Don't blame them but, I still worry.)

I will admit that I am feeling more encouraged now that I have taken the time to plan actual meals for the trip instead of just allowing vince to put a couple of tubes of hard salami and a jar of peanut butter onto the boat and calling it good. Not that the children would not survive. They would. I just want them to survive and have happy memories at the same time. I know, I ask a lot.
We will be at the Fox River Flat area, staying at Bradley Lake for a night or two and then head down to Mallard Bay (near Bear Cove) and then back home. If I am posting from the road it will be as Julie Andrews once sang, "I must have done something good..." My good karma carries the day! Keep checking in because I have a plan...

No comments: