Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sushi Dreams and Farming News


Last night I had a dream that I was in Saipan and I was frantic. I'd been there a week and had not yet been to Himaware! All the delicious sushi I had been missing out on! I finally busted through the doors but because it was the end of the day they were nearly sold out. All that was left in the sales case was a little tray of Poke. The pieces looked limp and tired. I took the dish to the check stand with an Assam Black Tea and I asked the sales clerk, "Please, since this is the only thing left and I'm here on vacation, can you please sell me a Himaware T-Shirt!" (They say Himaware Staff and have a sunflower on them).

Before they could answer the dream ended.

Farming News:
  • Now that the roosters are gone (another story that I'm not going public about but one that all farmers can guess the plot line of) we are getting 6 to 10 eggs a day.
  • We are back in the business of raising bees. It is still too cold for them, but we have a strategy and it seems to be working.
  • Charlotte's yak died. Too Sad!
  • The Nintendo Wii at Irene's has claimed it's second TV. (I add this because of the feral nature of our children...raising them is like farming)
  • Had to order frog food online yesterday. $5.00 worth of food, $10.00 worth of shipping. I mention this because there might be a reader out there who has not heard the story of these frogs. It was a science project. Six frog eggs came in the mail. The directions read, "These are a delicate life form. You will be lucky if one of your eggs grows to become a mature frog." Now we have 5 adult frogs. Fortunately, we have only heard them croak a couple of times. Every time I start to resent them, I go over to their tank and I realize that they are like my own Far Northern Coy Pond: they see me coming, they circle around, they leap out of the water to try to grab the food from my hands. Now, if only there was some way to give their habitat a "Zen-like" feel.

Alright! On with the day!

No comments: