Friday, April 10, 2009

The Disappointment

We discovered today that Falcom, Mystique and Chasey WILL NOT be in this years Jubilee. There is a deep disappointment in Falcom and the family, but we are celebrating through it...pizza, popcorn, a little orange soda.

I can't help but remember my life's first disappointments. Fal has not cried, but he said, "I feel dead inside." I instantly went back to a year when I was going to be on the flag team. I practiced what felt like forever. I was a perfect marcher. I held good posture! I could not believe my eyes when I was not picked. I knew exactly what Falcom is talking about. There is not a thing that can be said that can make either of us feel better. It just is what it is.

Congrats to all the kids who made it in! I am sure you will make it a fun show.

No comments: