Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Regular Tuesday with Irene

Today was a special day because it marks Maya's first bus ride home from school! Such a darling girl...and how marvelous listening to her little voice as her ability to form her thoughts into words becomes stronger!

She poured tea for us and for Lilly.

I was in such a excited rush to see Maya get off the school bus and take this picture that I completely forgot I had a meeting at the High School with Paul G. scheduled. I suppose in the greater scheme of things, documenting Maya's first bus ride was more important than a coffee date with Paul to discuss DeeJay's new schedule.

Topics Discussed:

Husband's stress and it's impact on marriage.

Chris's attitude change, even on report card.

IEP goals...how do you set reasonable IEP goals, I mean really?

Am I a total looser for missing the meeting with Paul?

The best way to make new friends...mutual interests or shared hatred of people and events?

Getting back on the program at WW

Blog buddies

Saipan...success? certainly! Does that mean I won't stress out about it non-stop right up until the very minute? Of course not.



And then, out of the blue, direct from Medical School, we got a call from the infamous Kimmy!

She's stressed to the max because she is giving a huge presentation of the benefits of global health work. I don't know what all it is about, but there will be over 300 people there and she will be a main presenter and she is stressed! I told her it really put my getting up in front of a dozen people with my kit of 'adult women's marital products' into perspective and she was laughing and saying that my talk was putting her talk about the needs of the world's poor into perspective. We laughed.

But I mean it Kimmy, how could you falter at all when you are getting up to discuss the fact that we can have an important impact on people's lives in the world!

Good luck Kimmy! You are indeed in my prayers! And I know you will ROCK!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I miss seeing you on Mondays, since I'm now working Saturdays. Bummer. I miss the camera action from the back room!! Congrats on your lovely success in the loss dept. this week. You're doing great! =)
Enjoy your trip, soak up the sun & warmth. I know it will be a huge blessing to you. They'll appreciate you in a whole new way when you get back home. That's a win/win. Sand between your toes and flowers in your hair will do you good...
Travel safe!