Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Beauty of Heat


It is truly a blessing to be able to light a fire when the days are this cold. Thanks to our friends at Moose Run Metal we will be able to enjoy heat with not only functionality but BEAUTY! Check out this gorgeous thing... Tomorrow I will be able to photograph it in the light so that the colors Tari added can shine. There are mountain ridges and trees. It is amazing.
Then they come over and install it so simply and harmoniously. Yes, the engineering of it was perfect, but their teamwork and love for each other and their work is so obvious. What a joy to have a bit of them in our home.
Today, I also had a fabulous time with Suzanne. We haven't been able to hang out much lately and because today is Orthodox Christmas, she had a day off school.
We went and did our shopping around. We had sandwiches with Irene, (insert the cutest picture of Suzanne with Maya. Also insert the standard picture of Irene with coffee cup, but also put in her BRAND NEW Horney Toad fleece jacket so you won't be seeing the old one anymore). Suzanne even got to experience Safeway 'Alana-style' which is a chatting extravaganza! We then snagged Mema and had her come with us out to the harbor to see the ice. I was teasing Mema a bit for putting on nearly every piece of clothing she had before leaving the house.
Well, it was morbidly cold and we were quick to be on the docs and then quick to get back into the car. Once again proving that Mother Knows Best.
All of these things were photographed stunningly.
I then deleted everything off my card.
Nice.
Luckily for me, Suzanne has a thing about driving the veggie truck with me and so tomorrow I will make her go out to the harbor again after deliveries.
I must show pictures of ice on my blog! The ocean freezes! After all these years in Alaska, I am still surprised by it.

But we will be nice and toasty warm, with a beautiful piece of art to enjoy with it no less.
Thank you Tari and Merlin! We feel so blessed. Check them out

1 comment:

Lynne said...

o-o-o-o-o, nice piece of art behind your woodstove!! Isn't it great to have woodheat with these temps? Our heat went out one night, and we were totally fine. (vs. solid ice blocks in bed, otherwise)
I've been a photographing manic out on the Spit this week. I understand your fascination with the ice. Looks more like Greenland or something.
Enjoyed catching up with the blog, as usual. Nice job!♥