Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas

Christmas was a week ago and if I don't blog about it now I'll never get the chance again. Sometimes I forget what this blog is for; Eternal documentation of family events!

The day started Christmas Eve at Valda's where we enjoyed the company of friends and played games and ate delicious food.

Then, Falcom told me he was tired and ready to go to bed, so we went home kind of early (surprisingly early), the kids frosted their cookies for Santa and WENT TO BED! I put this in bold because I couldn't believe it. They went to bed and slept through the night.
They woke up at a reasonable hour (6am) and who was here? Uncle Jason! We were surprised because we hadn't seen or heard from him in several months and felt glad that he felt he could come and join us.
Here is where I could put picture upon picture of presents getting unwrapped and everyone overjoyed with their fun gifts, but I don't have time.

I cooked.

I cooked lots and lots and I ate and ate. For my friends at Weight Watchers, this has been the worst eating week I've had in the past year. I was very reluctant to return to the meeting this week, but, with the help of Suzanne, got over it and am now getting on with it. Thanks everyone at the meeting for the encouragement and, for lack of better terminology, the sisterhood. I'm Back! And if you are reading this with a cloud of guilt hanging over your head, trust me, you can get over it and get back on the wagon.
We have crossed over to the dark side and are now a family with a Wii. I'll admit that it is super fun and I am enjoying it as much as the kids.

M.J. and her baby Iris came over to eat with us. Having a baby around for the holiday made our day complete. We all had a wonderful day together. I am so grateful for everyone and everything.
Whew! Now that I have done the thumbnail sketch of Christmas, I can get back into the flow. We leave tomorrow night for our cabin and will be there for a few days....the activities never cease.

1 comment:

codysmommy99 said...

Wow- I was so happy to see I made your favorite blogs list!! You look great! We are doing good... it's really cold here though. For the past week it has been between
-40 and -50!! Yikes!! I want to get in on that wish of yours to go some place where it is warm and sandy at no cost!! If you figure it out let me know!