Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Trolls; The Musical!

After months of preparation the day finally arrived...

CHRISTMAS TROLLS: THE MUSICAL!

was underway and everyone came for dinner before the show.

Falcom was a hedgehog and took his role very seriously. He makes a darling hedgehog. Marina's class were Christmas trees and they were SO cute! Their rendition of "I'm a Little Spruce Tree" was darling!












What else was amazing was the amount of work Debbie and Melon did to organize a whole school event of this caliber. Can you see the backgrounds here? And those hedgehog suits were no small feat either. Priscilla asked me if this was taking me back. I had to say no because I don't remember a teacher in my elementary education who put so much of their own time and effort into such elaborate preforming art projects. Ours were more, Wham Bam Done kind of shows. I can not thank the school enough for doing this. I know that there was no specific "We need to have drama club this year for Falcom." But you can not underestimate the positive impact it has had on him! It gave him the opportunity to do the thing that completely encompasses his soul.
After the show, Falcom gave everyone lessons on the dances that they had just watched and Marina let everyone try on her costume. It was a fabulous night!

No comments: