Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Regular Tuesday with Irene Resumes!

"I swear! It's a Vitamin D Supplement! No, we wouldn't need them if the sun would shine here!"

For loyal readers of this blog (and for those who click over from the Wise Family Blog) today begins the resumption of our regular feature Regular Tuesday with Irene. She likes to say that this is the part of my blogging week where her husband gets to learn what is going on with us girls...


Topics Covered:

How I gave Charlotte's B*tch B**** Buddies golf lessons last Thursday. Yes, it was a full dress-up event. Charlotte brought this red table to every hole to hold the cocktails between strokes. I taught through explaining to the girls why men LOVE this game. (It's a dirty R rated joke, but probably something you would hear on evening TV if you watched it) Two Holes; Two Hours. Hilarious.


Once the golfing was over and the girls started really talking, I realized how wonderful it is to see such long held friendships and how I look forward to another ten years with Irene.

How Irene is rediscovering the joy of pharmaceuticals.

How I've got a terrible cold. How summer colds are the worst and how it has had me watching evening TV...

Priscilla's trip to Anchorage and her surgery. How long was she able to stay laying down and relaxing? (answer: not long)

How in one hour I had a conversation with an old friend about Falcom, (his individuality, and how it seems to her I have outstanding parenting skills, ha ha ha ha. I was laughing not her, she was serious.) in the lobby of the post office only to go to Safeway to have another conversation in the doorway about Falcom's completely perfect teacher and her upcoming cancer treatment. I decided I need to make a T-Shirt that says, "Homer Alaska, Anonymity Free Zone"


Maya; defiant on many fronts but especially napping and eating. She too will be a very interesting adult.

There is a new pharmacy student in town. Vince and I took her lunch at the Spit Fire Grill. Totally fantastic meal! Look at those roasted carrots! Wow! Point of this comment and photo? I learned another fact about my husband that just proves what a fantastic person he is for me! He subscribes to a newsletter called "The Pharmacist Activist". Did any of you know that there were radical pharmacists out there? And that my husband is one of them? Ah...I love him.

How Christopher (age 6), the sweet, has taken to cussing like a sailor and yet still makes delightful meals and treats for the family. Another interesting adult in the making.


What Irene found in Vince's mobile home (the Mel Mobile) when she stopped off in Soldotna to drop his work clothes. No, she didn't mean to nark him out. She was just thinking he needs a better housing situation. Oh, for those of you wondering, it was an empty Ben and Jerry's container. In rebuttal, Vince says he is really loving his housing, thank you for your concern.

Vacation Bible School.

The old song from Free To Be You And Me and how I've been singing it a lot lately. I sang it when DeeJay told me that he would drive home from town because I was so sick and I needed to relax. I sang it when Marina tried to clean the bathroom. I occasionally have to sing it for Irene. It goes;

Some kind of help is the kind of help, that helpings all about,
Some kind of help is the kind of help, we all can do without!

No comments: