Monday, July 7, 2008

Blogging Disabilities

I have a new metaphor for living/dealing with kids who have learning differences. Imagine you have a blog. You enjoy your blog. You enjoy your camera. You enjoy putting pictures from your camera onto your blog. From the outside everything seems completely normal: the computer, the desk, the camera, the soundtrack. It's not apparent from the outside that the computer has some quirk in the memory that does not allow the pictures to upload at the right time (like a working memory problem), or right speed (like ADHD), or that the router keeps disconnecting the modem from the Internet (like ADD).

Knowing me, as many of you do, you know what I've been thinking: "First the kids and Now This!" But it's really all good, because we are finding coping strategies that are working. For instance, I'm at the library writing this. I put all the pictures onto a disc and I thought I could upload them, but I can't here, but I might be able to at home, I will adapt and succeed.

Child Update

DeeJay is driving much better every day. He has been a big help with the kids. Including yesterday in the Mel Mobile on the way home from the movie, when he sweetly asked for a tissue. Vince and I were chatting away and then we heard the undeniable sounds of puking. I turned to see DeeJay gently wiping Falcom's mouth. Very sweet. Of course, Vince and I were both like, "What the hell, you are all so loud all the time! No one could mention that someone was back there puking?!"

Willie has gotten a job with DeeJay at the Garden. It is very nice to see the boys learning how to support themselves.

Marina has a new journal in which she is dictating to us the story of her life prior to being born. You know the one where she is in Candy Land being a princess and getting bit by the gumdrop bees (the bumps on her arms are there to prove that she is lucky...born lucky).

Falcom is also doing something creative and cool, I can't think of it right off.... does it have to do with a chicken? With the new CD's that he is into? Fashion? I know I'm going to leave this library and totally remember...

Vince is enjoying not having to be stressed about work. Me, I'm happy, trying to get into some routine.

I found a ticket to Bali last night for approx $1200 in January. Not bad... I'm dreaming!

Pictures will come tonight, I hope!

No comments: