Friday, July 11, 2008

Blogging From Suzanne's!

Totally Random Fantastic Photo of Halibut Cove Taken By Suzanne Added to Give This Blog Post Some Life

Thank you Suzanne for hosting me at her whiz bang computer so that I can catch up on a bit of blogging. I am still in Computer Limbo...Purgatory. Mom and I got to HEA for their used equipment sale Wed. morning and I got a new to me hard drive but no monitor. I've also got Windows 2000 and need Windows xp. Tech Connect computer goddess told me that there was a monitor for sale on every block in town. I have yet to find that true. I was feeling mighty when I installed a modem into my mothers new to her computer, and I am excited to make this HEA reject work for me. I will install more memory, I will install XP, I will get a monitor!
Now, if I can only find the time to do that.
My cousins came from Arizona and spent a couple nights and days hanging out with us. It was super fun to reconnect and get some fishing done. They came in an RV and it was strange at the end of the day to say, "See you in the morning." and then watch them go out to the driveway.

The highlight of my visit with them was when I convinced Jean (Kenny's wife) to go to dinner at the Saltry without any of our children. It was such a treat to be at that wonderfully atmospheric location with such nice company. When we returned to the harbor Kenny and Vince said, "We need pie now." and we crashed my mothers place where there was a pear/cherry pie waiting for us. So Midwestern, aren't we?


As we enjoyed the pie, Ken told us a story about how he was really getting down on himself about not being able to do his own maintenance on his vehicles...until he did the math and realized he possessed 23 combustible engines that required his attention. I laughed so hard because his delivery was so funny and also because of my life with Vince and our current 'Appalachia of Mansfield Road' status. I felt like, "No wonder I've always been so attracted to Vince. It's a family thing."

Willie is really enjoying work at Fritz Creek Gardens. I think he'll really love it once he gets that first paycheck.

DeeJay is doing well and is becoming more more like a brother to his brother and less like the Russell Crow character in Master and Commander. It's a much more pleasant atmosphere around the house these days.

Speaking of atmosphere, Falcom has been buying his own music from Solstice Music and I am putting his songs on the sidebar so that you can feel the atmosphere inside our house.

Marina is darling, wonderful and creative. She scored big time at the 4th of July parade and American Legion Fair. Yes, I mean she received a huge bag of parade candy which she has been eating non stop.

Although I can't post often, please be assured that good times are being had by all! Just wait until next post when I can post pictures of the BB Golf Lessons I gave yesterday. 2 holes, 4 hours, hilarious.

No comments: