Friday, December 2, 2011

December 2


I have created a problem for myself with my schooling.  You see, I never actually applied to be accepted into the program.  Oh, I started to/  I got online and paid the money and I enrolled in every class I could take and it was all going great like gang busters.  Until I decided to enroll in my classes for this semester.  Low and behold I can not enroll for my graduate level classes without having applied to the program and so I can't sign up for the next round of classes. 

It has thrown me into a little funk.  I had a plan, and now my plan is being changed.  How could I shoot myself in the foot like that?  I have my suspicions, but won't go into it here.

Because of this I spent the day at the college sorting out this mess.  Transcripts and documentation and letters of recommendation.  Ug!  Two really great things did happen though.  One was that it was free lunch day for students.  The above picture shows the delicious hummus and romaine lettuce leaves wraps that I ate.  Unbelievably delicious.  Then when I was driving out, feeling overwhelmed by my situation and ridiculous, (a 43 year old woman who forgets to apply to her college, really?) I see this little crab with the FSM in the center.  Someone besides me on this campus knows about the FSM?  My mind went directly to the FSM.  Ah!  The FSM.  I love the FSM.   Federated States of Micronesia, sitting under a palm tree, watching that warm blue water swirl around the reef.  AH!  OK, I will survive this and many worse things. 

No comments: