Monday, August 16, 2010

Dale and Sharon

It has been a busy week in Homer Alaska.  Maybe not for everyone.  This is the lag time between berries and hunting...

But for me, and Sharon, and Dale, and the Bakery...  We've been getting ready for a wedding!

I have three posts on the subject.  These pictures were taken at the rehearsal dinner... (yes, this post is out of chronological order.)  No, there was no rehearsal, just a dinner.

The two families (and Joel, Carrie T. and I) met at Alice's, the only restaurant in town that could accommodate us and give us the time we needed to chat and eat and be merry.

Do you think I could get these two to take a picture without being silly?  Killing me, both of them!
I thought that I would even get a cute picture of them smooching, but Dale made sure that there would be no such thing. 

Are you wondering why I am involved in this as much as I am...besides the fact these two have been my BFF's for a really long time?  It's because I'm officiating this event! 

I asked Sharon what she was hoping for in a wedding presentation.  "I want them to laugh and I want them to cry."  With such a broad set of parameters, I've been a little stressed about writing the thing.  Also, with all my time being gobbled up with wedding preparations and normal family responsibilities, where am I going to find time to make people laugh and cry?  Arg!  Wish me luck!

No comments: