Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Shivering in Seattle

We slept on the red eye flight from Anchorage after the twenty-something tattooed and pierced man sitting behind us stopped sobbing wildly. At first I thought he was on the way to his mothers funeral and I was having compassion, but all that kindness left when the hot young gal sitting next to him was able to shift his gears and chat him up about his deep Alaskan connections. Including the two year old daughter here that he barely knows.

Falcom was tired and wanting to sleep but his sensitivity to noise prohibited him. "I'm about to go bizerk from all his cussing and loudness! Do something!" I stood and asked them to be quiet and watch the cussing and they were polite "Oh I'm sorry madam. " He said and Falcom drifted right off.

We found a great place here in the terminal to sleep when we got off the plane but it is so cold in here none of us could stay asleep. Alaskans too cold to sleep? You know it was cold.

I started fantasizing about stealing jackets and scarfs from fellow passengers. I thought about pretending I needed to look in the lost and found. Vince sent Falcom and I to get a cup of coffee and Falcom had to warn me not to steal a ladies very long wide cashmere scarf. "Don't think about it mom!". He said.

That's when I bought a sweat shirt for 20 bucks but left the tag on in case I decide I don't need to wear it through Tokyo. When Marina woke up she was shivering so, we are sharing the sweat shirt and the 20 dollars were worth it!

On to Asia!
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone powered by ACS!

2 comments:

Des said...

Wishing you and your family a safe and fun trip in Asia! Warm wishes for your adventures and a great year ahead!

Thank you for providing such insightful comments on my blog. They are always much appreciated!

Lynne said...

I hope you are all warm, safe, and having a fabulous time. Perhaps an internet cafe can keep you in touch with the world from time to time.

Happy New Year!!