Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Regular Tuesday with Irene (and Maya)



Today's first cup of delicious coffee was at Homer High School, where I met with DeeJay's case manager for a cup of coffee and a conversation about a possible alternative Language Arts curriculum. He has done some research and has come up with a couple of interesting ideas for this year and possibly next year. Notice in his hand in the picture is a chocolate covered coffee bean. If I had his job I would need a bowl of those on my desk...

Coffee number two was with JP. I was still nursing coffee number one and so she did not have to get off the couch to fetch me anything. Why would she need to stay on the couch? She just had a screw put into her heel. She showed me the x-rays to prove it.


Coffee number three was with Wendy T. at the Art Shop Gallery. We visited only long enough for us to compliment each other on our weight loss success, for me to gaze adoringly at her flattering slacks, for us to kvetch about her ex, and for us to praise Vince for being so fabulous.

We are going to be having dinner out together in two weeks time after the WW.

Coffee number four was with Irene.

Topics Discussed:

  1. How I am being impacted by menopause. Yes, it's like being back in college.
  2. Anchorage trip with Sharon. Yes, she should come with us!
  3. Matt's birthday present. Yes, we did research.
  4. Her new daily planner. It's a Cadillac of a planner. Will she open it?
  5. Maya, so cute, so unwilling to eat.
  6. How I was unable to finish, not only a thought, but a sentence!
  7. We designed some business cards for me today. They will do the trick.
  8. How I like being a know-it-all, but that doesn't mean you can't tell me stuff.

Because I could not get the sunrise this morning, I caught this sunset.

Coffee number five was with Sharon where we planned our trip to Anchorage. Whew! We are going to have fun. We made a long lists of fun stops. None of them will have to organize around children! Two potential stops include a wine bar and a chocolate bar.

No comments: