Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pictures from the Weekend

Wednesday: Veggie Truck
Coffee with Irene, Stefan, and Priscilla. Priscilla got a second earring. They were laughing when I told them I had gotten a call from Jocelyn and how she said, "You couldn't wait at Two Sisters for an hour and a half for me? Could you?" HA! She obviously doesn't know about my talent. Stefan said, "It's like asking a Queen if she could hold court!" We laughed. And so Jocelyn came and we klatched. Then I picked up the kids and had a stroll and coffee with Sharon Gorman (who was not actually coffee, but just hot water) while we waited for the kids to finish their time with Jeanne.


Thursday: These Moose were not the only visitors we had. The Maori Dance Company of New Zealand came to McNeil School and brought a little color to the place. That evening we went to the potluck, hosted by the Council on the Arts.





Friday: Day off of school! We continued making our home festive for Halloween by putting together Bob. I also had coffee with Emily W. which was super fun. Old friends....

Saturday: Vince and the kids put up wood. After, Vince and I went to Stefan and Jolene's house for a little birthday party! For Jolene! Yea, there were three of us there from the WW and yes, we all ate cake, and maybe even seconds? I met another couple there from New Zealand. You know, this is the third occasion that New Zealand has come into my consciousness lately... Wonder if we are going to be moving or traveling or something?



Sunday? Whew...slept til 9am. Winter is here, but my new Dawn Simulator will be here early next week and I am expecting it to be a great help to my little S.A.D. Problem. This is part of the problem I have. One of the happy parts of my life is sitting on the couch watching the sunrise with a strong cup of coffee. If I don't sit by my light at 6 or 6.30am it doesn't work. This week I chose to luxuriate with my hubby instead of preforming this ritual and now, only three days into it, I am oversleeping and foggy. Ah!Laska... This darkness is driving me nuts!
Oh, yea, and all the rest of the time was spent organizing, planning, and coping with some seriously bad news and how we are going to deal. As of today, the boys will be going to Los Angeles on their own over Thanksgiving. Do I buy the tickets hoping that nothing changes? Ah!Life...

No comments: