Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday

Where did the mountains go for my daily sunrise snap? I know the sun is shining across the bay from the glitter on the water.

It was "an honor and a privilege" to serve our school today as the Scholastic Book seller. Is it ever too early to market to children? From the way our culture works, the answer seems to be no. I am glad to be selling them books more than just about anything else. I remember fondly my years raising school funds by selling candy bars and look where that landed me. Look who I snapped with her class in the hall...


I started writing the post because I thought that tonight would be my big WW night. I was hoping it was going to be the post where I announced to the world that I had lost 25 pounds! Alas, it is impossible to loose 25 pounds when you eat a desert nightly, and then the night before weigh-in put Furikake and soy sauce on your rice (water retention).


Happily, I can report that it was Suzanne's big night. When I arrived at the meeting she had already weighed-in and was .2 pounds away from her 10% goal. She was a little bummed, but not bad. I said, "What the heck? Did you strip naked? Did you pee?" Yes, she had stripped naked, but had not peed. She peed and then went back to the scales with me and wah-la! She made it! Look at all the booty she got to take home with her.
As for me there will be no poems recited for me this week. This week my new mantra is, "If you bite it, write it!" and I will attempt to bring myself to that magical number that brings me a little bling and hopefully the adoration of the WW crowd.


PS See these two trouble makers that we were sitting beside? I was having serious flash backs to my high school days. We could be a serious distraction to the entire room if we continue to show a lack of restraint. Wait a minute, would that mean we would have to spend time in Principal Nancy's office? Might be worth it!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

yay, suzanne!! proud of ya, girlfriend!!

you're next, alana....we can just feel it!

and, whoa, yeah, the 4 of us sitting together. Me, too, HS, suppressed giggles, etc. Major flashbacks. ha! (ooo, nancy said she would have separated us! ha!)
We ould have been MAJOR trouble....we'll have to get together not on dub-dub time, and get some of this out of our system!!
Exciting to hear about your Anchorage trip! I hope it's a time of refreshing and recharge for you.
have a terrific week! ♥