Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Severe Winter Weather

If anyone besides Anna read my post about my trip to Anchorage with Vince, you will recall that it was a beautiful weekend. It was exactly as if spring had begun. Roads dry. Everything melted. I think I may have mentioned that it was getting me hyped up to think winter was over and we could all relax. HA

Woke up Friday to our door being blown open by the wind and a snow drift in our dining room. Three feet of new snow on the front porch.

Winter is back like a lion! School was closed Friday. I was working in Razdolna yesterday and got stuck in the road on the way to school. (It was blown over the hay field and no one could see the road and good thing some big men in a big truck were driving past. Why is this road not plowed? Because there are no school busses going there and so it is not a priority.)

Last night after working at Raz, Willie and I were outside plowing. Is there a person in my near vicinity who is unaware of my aversion to plowing?

Plowing involves being out in the driving snow. Plowing provides an opportunity to get the heavy truck stuck in the snow which you then have to dig out. Plowing requires pushing snow into the snow berms with a force much like an auto accident.

I admit though, that I had fun with Willie. He is a great helper and we were mostly successful in our endeavor.

When we began to plow Valda's we ran into professional plow truck driver, our nice neighbor Greg. With his blue tooth behind his ear, he ran through all the reasons Valda's driveway is especially hard to plow. He mentioned all the reasons this plow truck needs to say a long goodnight (It's a 1979 with black smoke rolling from it's exhaust rig.) He mentioned that he would gladly come by and pick up this work for me if I wanted him too. He is very sweet. I looked back at his rig: A new-ish diesel engine, a superior plow that can practically reach out and grab the snow, a smile on Greg's face.

I said, "You know Greg, my man loves to plow. If and when he changes his mind I'll call."

Greg said, "I don't blame him! Plowing is fun."

Willie said, "I love plowing!"

I smiled and said, "Arrg..."

No comments: