Friday, March 19, 2010

Nail School

As loyal readers are aware, I've been toying with the idea of becoming a nail tech for a while. I finally took the plunge (with a big push from Jerami) and here I am.

Three hundred fifty dollars for what? Twelve hours. Five chapters. The twelve hours have to be broken out over two days. The tests are given after lunch each day.

I finished the reading in about 30 minutes. I asked the bald, tattooed school master if I could take the test in the morning and he said, "do you not listen? I've told you three times no test til after lunch!"

"I was just thinking I would take it since I've completed the reading."

"This class is designed for the English (language) challenged individual. Didn't I tell you to bring a book."

And so I sat.

After lunch I brought in my new kit. I got good feeling from my classmates about the system I bought. It was less expensive and way easier than their systems.

We waited to take the test. Our proctor was late returning from his AA meeting.

When we finally started taking the test I realized that all the answers were circled in the book and written in Thai in pen in the margin.

After the test, I did a set of gels on my classmate and I will say the today, they look great and she loves them!

Now, today we are back to sitting at the table. Watching the clock tick. I'd better get some coffee.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone powered by ACS!

1 comment:

sharon said...

Do my nails next! Love you, welcome back!
"Lanierei!" (Hawaiian word verification for "mazel tov")