Monday, March 1, 2010

The Ride to School


Super epic ride to school today. The road to the switchback it was so icy people we stationed to warn us against driving. Cars were in the ditch along the sides. Even on her chained up four wheeler we were sliding all over the road.
Joanna decided at the top of the switchback that we would walk to school, and I was all right with that, until Mr. White came and offered us a ride in the back of his pick-up. Never one to shy away from an authentic experience, I jumped right in with my co-teachers and took one scary ride to the Russian Village.

The road was so steep I was rolled across the into Joanna's personal space.

It was right after this first picture I had to consider if I had made a prudent choice...

After school I was caught strolling around the village in my Louis Vuitton grocery bag. Here are pictures of some of my darling students standing in the mud in their dresses. I can't help but wonder if I broke a spiritual law in this time of lent by photographing them... Oh well!

Hena and the crew from the elementary school picked me up and let me ride on the front of the wheeler. This is actually really fun.

To make matters even more exciting the tide on the beach was high and so we were forced to take a 'frontage' road that included a very nice ditch to jump.

The ride up was just as scary as the ride down. It was not icy, just muddy, but still steep and freaky.

And there we were riding in the back of a pickup. I think the smiles on our faces in these pictures are of the feeling..."I can not believe I choose to have a job where we have to do things like this! I'm not even wasted!"

Doesn't my bag fit in so well with my environment? You have to love it! And look at Joanna! Isn't she the ultimate village teacher? Suzanne owes me big time...hee hee hee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another chapter for our book:
Extreme Housewives of the North!
This chapter would be under the section: Extreme commutes.

Szanne said...

Extreme commutes with an additional sub-heading - Extreme lengths for friends?

Thanks Alana!