Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pictures of Where I'm NOT

Beach in Northern Borneo

This morning, our home is covered in a dense fog. This fog is a great metaphor for how my brain is feeling. If I could find my camera I would put a picture of pure white above this paragraph. It would accentuate the metaphor. Luckily, just being camera-less and having to live in the past should do. It is warm and so the snow is rotten all around. Everything is muddy. The cars are filthy, caked in mud, and it's not just my car that is filthy, it's the entire state. (Even people with garages). We will hide Easter eggs in the muck. Yuck.

Vince's father Tom is out of the hospital. He has had three stints put in. There was talk in my earshot about how he is not over weight at all and active and how he was surprised that he would have a heart attack. I was not surprised. I've been watching this guy eat for 15 years. I think he gave up green vegetables when he left the holler in West Virginia and moved to Cleveland 55 years ago. (Watch Jamie Oliver's "Food Revolution" and you'll see what I mean.)

Thank God he only needed stints put in and did not have to have the open heart surgery. He is staying with Vince's brother for a while until he heals up. I had a funny mental image of him recovering from the heart attack on the disco light bed in his living room (some of you may remember this visual feature from a blog post I wrote last summer). But he seems to be well cared for with Tommy so that is good.

Our nuclear family is good. I've finished work at Razdolna for this month and that is good. I had a great time doing my Razdolna co-worker friends nails this weekend. I don't know where this nail business is heading but it is amusing. In my less amusing, but soul satisfying job, I am working to promote an Epilepsy training that is taking place here in Homer next month.

Falcom and Marina are having their talent show Friday night. School is out in six weeks. I'm ready.

DeeJay is trying to activate some sort of plan come late May. Yes, he is graduating. Well, he will if he can pass Alaska Studies and PE. Both of which he got D's in this past report card. How can a person get a D in PE you wonder? You don't dress down.

Six weeks. Six weeks. It's like a mantra I keep telling myself. Six weeks.

Willie has been practicing driving. He does pretty well. Unfortunately for Willie he can not see over the steering wheel without a pillow under his bum. Yes, it is quite an image.

I had better check out and get on with nail tech-ing. I'd better find my camera. I MUST show you some of the nails I've created!

UG! Fog... I will say though, that having purged myself the tiniest bit I do feel lighter!

No comments: